Quotes For True Book Lovers

01:57:00

I collect many things.

Snow Globes.
Mugs.
Books...
and quotes.

It sounds strange, I know, but I love them. I scour Pinterest daily, reading quote after quote, because I crave inspiration. There are all these people out there, with more wisdom than I will ever have, so I can't help but long to read what they have to say.


That's why today, I'm sharing my favourite quotes that only true book lovers (like you all) will understand!



"Many people, myself among them, feel better at the mere sight of a book" 

- Jane Smiley

"The man who never reads, lives only once" 

- George R.R. Martin

"In books I have travelled, not only to other worlds, but into my own"

- Anna Quindler

"You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have a lost a friend."

- Paul Sweeney


So, those were quotes about the beauty of reading, but now I've compiled a list of a few lovely quotes from some of my favourite books!

Things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end, if not always in the way we expect."

- Order Of The Phoenix by J.K. Rowling

“People observe the colors of a day only at its beginnings and ends, but to me it's quite clear that a day merges through a multitude of shades and intonations with each passing moment. A single hour can consist of thousands of different colors. Waxy yellows, cloud-spot blues. Murky darkness. In my line of work, I make it a point to notice them.” 

- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

“Be careful of love. It'll twist your brain around and leave you thinking up is down and right is wrong.”

- The Battle Of The Labyrinth by Rick Riordan

“Isn't it also that on some fundamental level we find it difficult to understand that other people are human beings in the same way that we are? We idealise them as gods or dismiss them as animals.”

- Paper Towns by John Green 

What are your favourite quotes about books or reading? Leave in the comments below!

 xx Tyra

find these quotes + more here:
https://media.bookbub.com/blog/2015/05/11/quotes-about-books/
http://ebookfriendly.com/best-quotes-books-reading/  

link to image of the girl reading:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Here:

The owner of this blog is not compensated to give their opinion on the literature, websites, and/or various other topics that are reviewed. The views that are expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. The owner of this blog does not own any of the pictures posted on here, unless stated otherwise.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *